Sunshine Bank first opened its doors in 1954 as 1st Federal Savings and Loan Association, headquartered in Plant City, Florida. After years of steady growth, the bank rebranded and changed its name to Sunshine State Federal Savings and Loan Association. In 2014, the current name of Sunshine Bank was adopted. After converting from the mutual form of organization to the stock form, Sunshine Bancorp, Inc. was formed in 2014 as the holding company for Sunshine Bank. Bank headquarters remains in Plant City. The common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Capital Market under the symbol “SBCP.” The same foundational principles that started the bank remain today - providing uncompromising service to their customers and offering innovative products and services that truly add value to our customer’s financial needs. As one of the oldest banks in Florida history, they are proud of our heritage and success, and continue to focus on a bright future as we look to build a strong, relationship-based community banking franchise.
Nick Thurston, Vice President, Business Manager